St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School Admissions Arrangements
St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School is a Voluntary Aided Primary School in the trusteeship of the Diocese of Portsmouth, maintained by Bracknell Forest Borough Council, and serves the parish of Bracknell (St Joseph’s, Bracknell and St Margaret Clitherow).
The Governing Body of St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School is responsible for the admission of children to the school. We ask all parents applying for a place to respect the ethos of the school and its importance to the school community. This does not affect the right of parents who are not of the faith of the school, to apply for and be considered for a place.
The Governing Body of St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School will admit up to 30 children in the school who will become 5 years of age on or between 1st September and 31st August of the following year. Children are normally admitted in September of the admission year, however, parents have the right to defer entry for their child until his/her statutory start date, the start of the term following his/her 5th birthday. However they cannot defer entry to the next school year. If a parent wishes to defer to the next academic year, a new application for entry into year R or Year 1 for the relevant school year would be necessary. Parents have a right to request that their child takes up their place on a part-time basis until the child reaches compulsory school age. Should you be considering deferring entry for your child, please discuss this further with the Head Teacher.
If your child’s application for a place at St. Joseph’s Catholic Primary School is unsuccessful, then you may appeal to an independent panel.
Appeals should be made in writing on the appropriate form, which can be obtained from the school office or the school web site, within twenty days of the letter of refusal being received.
In the case of an application for a place in Reception, September 2021, the appeal should be submitted by 18th May 2021.
Appeals should be made to:
The Clerk to Governors
St. Joseph’s Catholic Primary School
Admission Appeal Timetable for Reception Year:
- Parents / carers will be notified by the Local Authority (LA) of the result of their application on 16th April 2021.
- The deadline date for parents lodging an appeal will be 18th May 2021.
- Appeals will be heard within 40 days of the deadline for lodging appeals.
- Appellants will be given at least 10 days’ notice of the date and location of the appeal hearing.
- Appellants will be able to submit additional evidence to support their appeal up to 6 school days before the hearing. This will enable photocopying and circulation to all parties in advance of the hearing.
- Decision letters will be sent to parents / carers within five school days of the hearing.
- Appeals lodged after 18th May 2020 will be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals or within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged whichever is the latest date.
Admission Appeal Timetable for other year groups: Appeals lodged with the clerk of the Governors will be heard within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged.